I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Sunday 9 December 2012

Take Off...

"Beep, beep," that was my alarm, waking me up. I was going to Australia! It was three in the morning and  I was excited. I had never left the North Island until that morning. This was it.

We got up and found out suitcases. While my dad was putting them in the car, my sisters and I were getting dressed. We had to wear something warm but underneath we had to have a T-shirt and shorts, for when we get hot. My mum, my dad, Josy, Daisy and myself, jumped into the car and we were off. In the car, we had pillows to lean on, so we could go to sleep on the way to the airport. Every time we passed a tree, Daisy, my little sister, would say goodbye to the tree. I was asleep when my mum told us that we were here.

Dad parked the car and we all hoped out. I got my suitcase and we all went to the van. We had to get in a van to get to the airport. The van had just left when we got there, so we had to wait in the office. It was nice and warm in the office and it had a TV. The TV wasn't that good because the TV was fuzzy. About ten minutes later the van arrived. Our suitcases went in the back and we all hopped in. We were a bit squashed because there was a big, baby car seat right in the middle and no one was sitting in it.

We got to the airport and checked in. It was about four in the morning and we were hungry so mum went to go and get us some breakfast. We had two muffins and three scones. We had to go though security next.

We walked down a corridor and turned left. We had to empty pockets and walk though a doorway. A security woman check our passports let us though. We had to walk though another corridor and turn left and then right. I looked out and saw a whole lot of seats. About half an hour went by. Then we had to show our passports and tickets again. The last corridor we walked though was the one leading up to the plane. We had to show our tickets one last time before hopping on the plane. We sat in our seats and my mum said to me, "This is it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.